[icecast] Icecast2 log and yp behaviour

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Tue Jul 1 19:09:58 UTC 2003

At 07:33 PM 7/1/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Secondly, and I've already mentioned this in my post to the vorbis list (so
>apologies for the double posting). Has anyone got ices2 and icecast2 to post
>information to a yp server. I can't get it to work and
>http://www.oddsock.org/icecast2yp/test/FAQ suggests that it shouldn't at
>least at the moment. Anyone know for certain?
you can list with ices2 no problem, although it may be that some of the
audio info (bitrate/samplerate/channels) might be misreported...this is
usually the case if you are not specifying them in the config file (as
would be the case if you were not reencoding)....Are you getting any
particular errors ? If so, look in your icecast2 error.log for messages and
post them here if you don't know what they mean...

oddsock