[icecast] Icecast deadlock with 1.3.12 (fixed)

Ned Wolpert ned.wolpert at knowledgenet.com
Wed Jul 2 18:38:49 UTC 2003

Folks,
     I email abit ago about using 1.3.12 in my environment, and fixing a
dead-lock problem.  Since 1.3.12 is 'obsolete', not supported, and GPL
I'm provided a patch to the mailing list of my changes to the the
src/soruce.c distributed file.  (Its small but significant, as it allows
for transparent relays to work)

I need to use icecast 1 until icecast2 is a) released and b) supports
transparent relaying like icecast1 does for the time being.  If anyone
else is in the same boat, the following diff fixes problems with 1.3.12.

[wolpert at memeplex] src> diff icecast-1.3.12/src/source.c
old/icecast-1.3.12/src/source.c
686,692d685
<                       thread_mutex_unlock (&info.mount_mutex);
<                       thread_mutex_unlock (&info.source_mutex);
<                       thread_mutex_unlock (&info.double_mutex);
<             sourcecon = relay_pull_stream (req, &err);
<                       thread_mutex_lock (&info.double_mutex);
<                       thread_mutex_lock (&info.mount_mutex);
<                       thread_mutex_lock (&info.source_mutex);
694c687
<               if (sourcecon)

---
 >               if ((sourcecon = relay_pull_stream (req, &err)))

Enjoy

--

Virtually,
Ned Wolpert <ned.wolpert at knowledgenet.com>

D08C2F45:  28E7 56CB 58AC C622 5A51  3C42 8B2B 2739 D08C 2F45

      "An idea is something you have; an ideology is
       something that has you."          --Morris Berman