[icecast] relay servers and mountpoints

Adon Irani adon at YorkU.CA
Tue Jan 21 18:32:45 UTC 2003

> > i've g0t this working ,, but only w/ .ogg . does ices not support .mp3 for
> > the playlist ?
> > _ i even made a separate .xml for when .mp3 archives come up , and i've
> > tried /64kbpsR AND /64kbpsR.mp3 as mountpoints . ,
> >
> > all my archives from before December are mp3 ! gh .,
> >
> >  a:/,
> >

> ices2 does not (and will not) support mp3. ices 0.x does, and if you get the
> current cvs version it'll work with icecast2.
>
> Mike
>
> --- >8 ----

which case, i could simply rename the ices2 binary,right ?)

,if i am running both, and i have four playlist files (1 for ogg, 1 for
mp3, x2 for the dialup/hispeed) _ my script creates 0byte .txt files when
the format/quality don't match up so only either ogg or mp3 archive will
have the full .txt playlist .
with ices2 this seems to work, it'll exit fine w/ the 0byte , and likely
i'll need to detect whether it has been running and start ices2 if it
wasn't already running. will this strategy work w/ ices 0.x ?,

 thanks !

a:/,