[icecast] Restricting access to specific IPs

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Tue Feb 25 22:07:22 UTC 2003

It just occurred to me that setting up a simple IPtables script might be
just as easy. Aside from the default firewall that comes with the latest
Red Hat Linux, you could try the GUI tool fwbuilder (fwbuilder.org).
Just installed it on a test RH 8.0 system with great success. Simply
create the hosts and services and networks you want, then click and drag
to create the rule sets. Your config is saved in XML format. Then click
compile and you have viable script. You can set up the range of IP
addresses you want to access the box while keeping port 8000 open only
for them.
It's a pretty nifty little tool for users not wanting to dirty their
hands with raw IPtables scripts.
Hope that helps.
KJ