[icecast] There are a solution ?

Rádio IRCBrasil - André Marcelo andre at ircbrasil.com.br
Fri Dec 5 15:37:25 UTC 2003

hi people,

first i want to tank very much to karlH and brendan of the #icecat channel,
they give me a good help yesterday, and i am almost resolvin my problem.

i will explain my problem again, maybe other can help or see other way to
resolv:

I have a web radio in Brasil. This web radio have 25 djs, one in echat part
of brasil. They stream to the icecast server from your studio. The
listenners ear the radio from the link http://play.ircbrasil.com.br  that is
a web forward do http://www.ircbrasil.com.br:8500/ircbrasil.ogg

So, whats happend? ALL djs connect to icecast server with the same moint
point, the ircbrasil.ogg. At every hour, the old dj say GO GO GO, so he
disconnect from icecast server and the new dj connect at the same time. When
i was using shoutcast, this was very fine, but with icecast, all my
listenners have been disconnect when its happend. Some people of #icecast
channel tell me to every dj run with a mount point different and move
clientes, but i cant do it, cause all listenners connect by same link.

I did a sujestion give me by karlH and brendan, i an running a icecast
master in port 8500 how relay, where the listenners connect, with a local
point ircbrasil.ogg and the relay poing djs.ogg and a secund server, in port
8600, where the djs connect to streamin. The first dj enter ho djs.ogg and
the other with yours mount point, so, the new dj enter in admin mode and
move moint points to it. BUT, the problem is that if he have a simple lag of
some seconds for ex, and he reconnect, the server do not start more, cause
the relay is waiting for djs.ogg and the dj is using yournick.ogg

Other question, is the lag. when there are a lag between dj and server, and
there are a disconnection from 1 secund yet, all listenners disconnect too.
This is bad, very bad.

I wanna konw if some one more have a radio how ircbrasil, with very djs
streamings of differentes studios, cause i am needing a help urgently.

i wanna sugest to coders, to have a option for send silence for some secunds
when the source disconnect, for the listenners dont disconnect, it would be
very very good, cause i dont know what to do.

tanks

André
Internet Radio Chat Brasil
http://play.ircbrasil.com.br