[icecast] Icecast in Macromedia Flash

Macsym macsym69 at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 3 15:36:19 UTC 2003

Hi Assorgia,

I'm really happy you successfully got it with Mozilla. Where did you get the
headers information? In Icecast2 logs? As soon as I know where to find the
header information sent by IE, I will change the php script to cross the
valid headers information sent by Mozilla with the necessary information
needed by IE. The aim is to give Icecast the impression that the client is
Mozilla. Also, I read that the Flash player, since 6.0.60.65, also sends
header information to the server. I guess it is why you got "Accept:
application/x-shockwave-
flash,text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,t
ext/plain;q=0.8,image/png,image/jpeg,image/gif;q=0.2,*/*;q=0.1"

In the headers you mentioned what are those sent by the client and those
received?

I think these headers are sent:
GET /live HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.0.242:8000
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive

And those are received:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
icy-bitrate:0
icy-description:publicvoice.fm online radio
icy-name:Streaming with MuSE
icy-public:1
icy-url:http://publicvoice.fm
Server: Icecast 2.0-alpha2/cvs

Am I right?

Do you think I can change the Accept headers like this:
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: * (I am not sure for this one)
Accept-Charset: *

MAX