[icecast] cannot get icecast and ices totalk...authenticationfailed

Eric L. Brown eric at jyates.net
Thu Apr 10 03:37:43 UTC 2003

> On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Eric L. Brown wrote:
>
>> WARN playlist-builtin/playlist_read Corrupt or missing data in file
>>
>> When I try to play a basic playlist with 2 files (that are fine, and do
>> exist).
>
> You're not trying to play MP3 files, by any chance?  Ices2 only plays ogg
> and raw PCM at this time.

ah.
Ok, so is there any way to play my mp3 files (i.e. convert to ogg
on-the-fly or something)?

My goal is to be able to take my collection of CDs (now in 256k mp3
bitstream) and distribute through the house over the wireless network
(har-line network for other stuff).  Just trying to play with some of the
existing technologies before getting the hardware.  The next step is to
have different ices services, serving multiple icecast streams for a
virtual
'multi-room' system.