[icecast] compile error

David Correa tech at linux-tech.com
Wed Apr 2 16:53:35 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 09:09:28AM -0700, Kerry Cox wrote:
> I'm going to have to step in here now and say a few things.
> I maintain the http://quasi.ksl.com/icecast/ page. I had hoped I had
> made it clear that the instructions outlined there are based on
> downloading the source from CVS. I have tested the instructions on my
> page on several occasions, each time with success.
> However, I am willing to admit there may be some discrepancies. If you
> or anyone else does find an error there, please let me know. I am more
> than happy to update the text.
> Thanks.
> KJ

Hello KJ,

First, i need to say thanks for your work. Is valuable to
people like me, that are just learning how to use icecast.

My intention was not to find faults with icecast, shout
or your how-to. I am new to this list and to
icecast (1, 2 or whatever).

Your how-to helped me a lot (so did the comments of Mike and
Boink). However, maybe there should be a note on the how-to to
indicate people like me the issues mentioned on this
tread about the use of encrypted passwords.

Thanks a zillion!
David Correa
Network Engineer
Key fingerprint 7F2C E072 479D 71B4 008B 373E A284 8CDE 7659 F5D8