[icecast] Lame, Bitrates, ReEncoding I

zeek zeek at sparklehouse.com
Thu Sep 5 22:48:25 UTC 2002

Ok, not bad -be sure to rm config.cache if ices has already been compiled.
Then

./configure --with-lame-libraries=/usr/local/lib --with-lame-includes=/usr/l
ocal/include/lame/ >configure.out

Check configure.out for:

updating cache ./config.cache
checking for lame/lame.h... yes
checking for lame_init_old in -lmp3lame... yes
checking for lame_encode_flush_nogap in -lmp3lame... yes
updating cache ./config.cache

Change:
        <Bitrate>80</Bitrate>
        <Reencode>1</Reencode>

And this now streams at 80k/32khz --but we're still not sure if those
settings are OK.

-zeek