[icecast] Lame, Bitrates, ReEncoding I

zeek zeek at sparklehouse.com
Thu Sep 5 22:09:51 UTC 2002

I'd like to use the Bitrate and Reencode features of ices and understand I
must recompile with lamelib.

However, it's Very Unclear where to begin here. This is noted in the
ices-0.2.3 INSTALL file:

        I installed lame as a debian package so lame.h is in
/usr/include/lame/lame.h
        and libmp3lame.a is in /usr/lib. configure finds everything automatically.

back to
ices with:

  --with-lame[=DIR]           enable support for reencoding with lame [in
DIR]

there an "oh yeah, that too" I need to know about beforehand?

I'm running:

icecast-1.3.12/
ices-0.2.3/

on Linux mogwai.sparklehouse.com 2.4.18-10 #1 Wed Aug 7 11:39:21 EDT 2002
i686 unknown