[icecast] Bitrates, ReEncoding, Lame (II)

zeek zeek at sparklehouse.com
Thu Sep 5 22:12:15 UTC 2002

Given at this point I can see 174kbit/44khz on winamp, and this at times
fluctuates with mp3 which have been encoded VBR (right?) --I've yet to
compile lame in.

Listening to these streams from afar is not comfortable to impossible. Will
com piling lame into ices magically deal with this? So obviously I can
change the bitrate, drop that to 80ish --but what about 44khz (sampling
rate?) shouldn't that be dropped as well? And if so what to/ where should
this be changed?

these issues I'd be much obliged if pointed that way.

-zeek