[icecast] client authentication for icecast2

Bryan Jay Miller bryan at woxy.com
Thu Sep 5 15:13:08 UTC 2002

There's been discussion on the list regarding source authentication
schemes, but I haven't yet heard anything or seen anything in the source
regarding client authentication (users.aut, groups.aut, mounts.aut). Is
this or a similar scheme planned for icecast2 and if so, will it be in
the beta release? I'm considering modifying icecast to store it's client
authentication info in MySQL and trying to get a feel for where this is
headed.

Cheers - bryan