[icecast] Windows Streamer for Icecast2 ???

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Sat Oct 12 01:16:06 UTC 2002

Richard wrote:
> Thanks but I can't figure out how to use it! I presume I put it in the
> winamp plugins directory then what? Winamp didn't even have a plugin
> directory! Hmm now I know why I use linux!

Oddcast DSP comes with an installer. After installing it, you'll find it
in Options|Preferences|DSP/Effect. Select it and the Oddcast DSP window
will pop up. This works only with a fairly current version of Winamp 2,
btw. Winamp 3 uses a different plugin API and is not very useful in
general (yet).

You can also familiarize yourself with Oddcast DSP under Linux - this
plugin is also available for XMMS, too.

Btw, if you're using a stream source that used to be able to connect to
Icecast2 but doesn't do that anymore, that particular source uses the
deprecated ICE login. Either upgrade your Icecast2 (in case your version
is older than ~Oct. 11th), which now allows http basic auth and icelogin
coexist again (however, icelogin is still deprecated), or add
<icelogin>1</icelogin> to your icecast.xml