[icecast] bind to socket on port 8000 failed

igueths at attbi.com igueths at attbi.com
Wed Nov 20 12:34:31 UTC 2002

Hi all. In checking the list archives, I have noticed that the hostname has to
be one that binds directly to the network interface. Currently, I am running
dmzed on a Linksys wireless router. I have an external ip (24.62.33.26),
however the network interface still retains the internal ip (192.168.1.100). In
my opinion, this method of dmzing isn't a good one, but unfortunately I have ot
live with it! Is it possible to not specify a hostname and just use the
servername? I suppose I could do an arpsniff and catch the mac addr of whatever
is bound to 24.62.33.26, and re-program the mac on the actual interface.
However I don't think this is necessary. Anyone have any other sollutions
besides what I have described? Thx!