[icecast] reencoding on-demand

Jason Fayre jfayre at sun.com
Fri May 24 17:06:14 UTC 2002

Hello,
Here is what I am trying to do:
I want to set up asimple on-demand mp3 streaming server.   I don't want to
have the systemconstantly streaming to the server.  I have been using a
php app called Brunhilde to do this.  The problem is that I am using a DSL
connection and my upload speed is only 128k.  All my MP3 files are encoded
at 128k or better.  I need a way to reencode them when they are streamed.
I realize that ices will do this, but I don't want to have the constant
sream of audio (I.E. what Otto does) , I just want it to stream what I
select.  Has anyone set this sort of thing up?

Thanks,