[icecast] Re: disappointed with group

Matt Boersma matt at sprout.org
Fri May 24 18:40:19 UTC 2002

<rant>
I concur with "MR I" in his "disappointed" post.  I've rarely
gotten help from this list, although I've had productive email
conversations with individuals.  For example, I posted twice about
the fact that the "list archive search" function was broken for this list
at xiph.org, and was totally ignored.  I emailed individuals at
xiph.org, and finally gave up after about ten months.  Glad to see it's
fixed now.  Also, I never got any useful advice about how to analyze
icecast's access.log, although I know folks do this.  But hey, the
software is excellent and I haven't paid a dime, so overall I'm quite
happy and thanks for letting me vent.
</rant>

Rather than gripe, I have re-subscribed to this list and will start by
posting some scripts I've written to help me deal with icecast.