[icecast] what's happening here?

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Sun May 19 05:49:54 UTC 2002

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 04:59:40AM +0200, Moritz Grimm wrote:

> *flame* :)
>
> Courious, how rumors like this can come up. Icecast1 doesn't get much
> attention any more, just necessary fixes like the security issues
> lately. Icecast2 is now in developement, which is much better and secure
> by design already. That, and Ogg Vorbis is keeping the developers busy,
> I suppose.

I stand pleased to be humbled and admonished, I honestly can not
remember where i heard it from but I figured for at least my own
knowledge I would ask if it was true. If I hear it again, I will do my
best to lay that one to rest.

> I guess someone just noticed icecast.org not being that up-to-date and
> assumed that "they must be working elsewhere". Right, just not on
> Shoutcast and apparently not on the website either. If you want to know
> exactly what's going on, subscribe to cvs at xiph.org. That mailing list is
> one big changelog.

If that is where the action is I will join, though it maybe a fact that
I am comming to the end of a long shift that I can not see a link on
Xiph's mailing list page.

Peace Jim