[icecast] what's happening here?

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Sun May 19 00:18:36 UTC 2002

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 01:01:05PM -0700, Dave Hayes wrote:
> "e" == enigmax  <Nicolae> writes:
> > I haven't had the time to UNSUBSCRIBE because it's useless.
> > You get more help from google.com than this list.
>
> I wouldn't say that myself, I've gotten tons of help from
> this list in the past. Of course, I usually check google.com
> before going to this list, so maybe my usage pattern doesn't
> quite match. =)

I would agree with Dave, though last few months since the security holes
were found the list seems to of quietened down a lot.  Maybe the big
boys are busy working on a new version or prahaps the rumours are true
and they have gone to work on shoutcast.  I am not sure where I picked
up the later if it not true please feel free to flame me.

Don't forget as well there are a lot of things going down over the DMCA,
EUCD and other stuff at the moment.

Peace Jim