[icecast] Newbie playing with php

Bolt Thrower tyr at teiresias.net
Fri Mar 29 18:13:47 UTC 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 03:00:35PM -0300, Luiz Claudio Duarte wrote:
> Hi, folks. I've installed icecast 1.3.11 and I'm very happy with
> it. But I'd like to add a "now playing" gizmo to my home page;
> can anyone point me to a php script or something else that does
> the trick? Thanks in advance.

Two approaches.  The first is to parse the cue file that ices
generates.  On my system at least, the artist and song constitute
the last two lines of said cue file.  The location of this file is
set in your ices.conf file.

Another approach is to write a perl handler for ices.  in the
ices_perl_get_next() function, insert the chosen song info into a
database table.  Then write a PHP script to select from that table.

--
Steve Chadsey <tyr at teiresias.net>
Now playing: Karma