[icecast] Random?

Lars Jørgensen IT Lars.Jorgensen at pol.dk
Mon Mar 18 12:17:50 UTC 2002

I'm running ices 0.2.2 at the moment (from www.icecast.org). I tried to look
at the ices 2.0 from xiph.org CVS, but that's too complicated for me to
download and compile :-)

ices is running without fail, but I have some problems with the randomness
of songs selected: After running for a little time, it starts playing three
or four songs in a row from the playlist, then jump to another spot and
plays songs sequentially from there. Is this a known problem?

If anybody has a perl script to handle this instead of the built-in playlist
handler, please tell me.

--
Lars Jorgensen
Network Administrator