[icecast] once again: [Too many errors (client not receiving data fast enough)]

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Mar 22 03:27:02 UTC 2002

Ok, I have seen that this is a common issue, and has been answered many times.... but I think mine is a bit different.  Sorry if I
am just being thick.

peaking at 50% (total for system)

ask me.)

Sharon at work - T1

Sharon at home - dialup 50/

Markus at work - DSL

Markus at home - DSL

Randy at home - cable

Josh - dialup, 45/26

Grig - dialup 28.8/22.6

Jeff at work - dsl

Jeff at dialup - 33/20

Keena at home - dialup 48/33.1

Kellie at aol - dialup 33/19

am at home - dialup 48/37  (no icecast test yet. )

am at home - dialup ?/? (icecast, didn't get speed test)

cherie at home dialup 48/41

connect, load up the buffer in about 10 seconds, listen for about 2 min, and then get dropped. The last 30 seconds are very
traumatic: lots of skipping/and 10ish second pauses.  At some point icecast kicks them.  Cherie stayed on for 30 min and then she
dropped her connection to the net.  (just got that stat after writing all this.)  Is there any overhead in delivering a 24k stream?

testing, can produce a lower stream from mp3 files?  Hmm, I do have a CD of Richard Fineman's lectures and some Spanish
instructional cds.

5-201.mc.net] [Too many errors (client not receiving data fast enough)] [listene
r], connected for 3 minutes and 3 seconds, 266275 bytes transfered. 0 clients co
nnected