[icecast] icecast "dump" suggestions (archiving)?

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Mon Mar 18 02:06:39 UTC 2002

Hello.

Anyone have any suggestions for automating archiving? I have a stream that
will connect to the server every morning at 5am and be kill'ed at
10am. I'd like to record this every day... is there any suggested
solution? I'd have to setup a script to telnet in and start a dump
command, and I don't know if that would easily be possible without parsing
out the stream ID (Which is random on every connect).

I am using darkice as the feed (FreeBSD host with 3 PCI sound cards,
thanks to the people on this list -- working great).

Any suggestions to setup a means to record the stream to disk? Is there
something that I can stand up like the icecast server, set it up as a 2nd
connection and send the data to disk?

                                -- Ethan