[Re: [icecast] icecast2 ??]

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Sun Dec 29 01:53:41 UTC 2002

> It's icecast. It's part of xiph. It's the same project. Presumably it's
> the same developers. I don't care about the similarity of the code
> bases. One is released, the other one is not (alpha versions are not
> releases).

No. Whilst it originally shared one developer, the current version does NOT
share any developers with icecast 1.x. Since nobody seems even slightly
interested in continuing development of 1.x (bitching about it is not the
same...), it's not going to change.

If _you_ want to pick up maintaining it - or if you want to go to the effort
of finding maintainers for it, feel free. I'm certainly not going to - I
don't have any interest (and never have had) in icecast 1.x.

Stop bitching, and do something, or shut up.

Mike