[icecast] streaming both mp3 and ogg

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Dec 21 06:29:09 UTC 2002

On 20 Dec 2002, Kerry Cox wrote:

> That's fine and all for people who run the latest WinAmp or XMMS that do
> support Ogg Vorbis (aside from the vanilla Red Hat 8.0 users), but some
> of us must stream in .mp3 format. That is what the users expect.

I think it's worth pointing out that the Winamp vorbis input plugin will
work with ancient versions of winamp - I have it with winamp 2.64.

The easiest way to provide both, assuming you have the clock cycles, is to
use Oddsock's Stream Transcoder (http://transcoder.sourceforge.net).  It
will tune into one of your streams and transcode it and send it to your
other server.

Geoff.