[icecast] [newbie] couple of quick questions

Campbell, David David.Campbell at granadamedia.com
Mon Dec 23 14:21:32 UTC 2002

Hi,
        newish to icecast - have downloaded and installed icecast on Redhat8
without a problem, my intention is to stream my entire MP3 collection -
couple of quick questions:

1: Do I need 'shout' to be able to stream playlists?   I know it's not
supported anymore and it doesn't appear to be bundled with the latest dist?
2: Whats the best way of creating a random playlist from several hundred
mp3's and streaming via icecast?  Is there any way to just point icecast at
a directory and say 'stream these files randomly for ever?'
3: Will I have problems with different Bitrate's on my playlists?

TIA

DC

Please visit the official Granada website at www.granadamedia.com
for the latest company news.

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
addressed.  If you have received this email in error, please notify
postmaster at granadamedia.com

Thank you.