[icecast] streaming both mp3 and ogg

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Fri Dec 20 19:29:04 UTC 2002

That's fine and all for people who run the latest WinAmp or XMMS that do
support Ogg Vorbis (aside from the vanilla Red Hat 8.0 users), but some
of us must stream in .mp3 format. That is what the users expect.

I am guessing, however, and look to have some time today to try and
implement this, that I can dual stream on my Icecast box while running
icecast 1.3.12 on port 8000 and then set up a separate directory with
the latest CVS releases installed in other bin/ directories and then
stream on port 8001 in .ogg format.
I have been successful in getting both to work individually on separate
boxes, but don't know about streaming off the same box.

FYI,
I also created a document detailing our installation woes with
instructions for anyone interested. If anyone wants to contribute back
to this, have at it. It's just in Star Office 6.0 (Open Office 1.0.1)
format and converted to Word 2000 as well.
        http://quasi.ksl.com/icecast/
I haven't had time to migrate it into HTML (Star Office's rendition was
hideous).  This is just a precursor to a more detailed explanation I
hope to create soon, though I hope this early version helps someone.
KJ