[icecast] icecast2/ices2 , 7o minutes and crash

Karl Heyes karl at pts.tele2.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 21:32:33 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 20:57, Adon Irani wrote:

> wow . you were right on ..  i installed a new fan last night . i've been
> running icecast2/ices2 for half-a-day already _ more than 10x longer than
> my 7o min runs .

excellent, it was unlikely that ices/icecast themselves were causing the
issue.  But ices is usually very CPU bound (encoding) so it was a good
possibility.

> and i think my er .. m, right .. my memory is fine /  -j4 worked and was
> speEdy .. but i was unable to track down memcheck86 ;  best tip i have is
> to look at the linux distributions ,but i haven't yet .

Had a quick look and the util is located below. Never used it myself but
I believe one of the distros uses it at install. Norton had a similar
util but that never found anything when I last had a memory problem but
was easily reproduced with a straight forward ls -lR /usr - seg vault.

http://www.memtest86.com/

It sounds like your running ok though.

karl.