[icecast] IceS 2.0a - Extended sleep requested

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Dec 2 13:21:41 UTC 2002

>What the "extended sleep" thing is beats me at the
>moment though. It's a 22050khz encode, but there is
>another one with out the sleep issues. I now have a
>log file of 11MB after a day and a bit, it's not
>useful.

we're trying to recover". Depending on the cause of the
problem, the recovery may or may not be successful.

That message appears when the timing code encounters
a situation which it never should (but can if there are
clock discontinuities or insufficient cpu). It might
also be possible to trigger it with some (broken) input
files - does this problem happen only with some files?

Michael