[icecast] IceS 2.0a - Extended sleep requested

Karl Heyes karl at pts.tele2.co.uk
Mon Dec 2 14:45:55 UTC 2002

On 2002.12.02 13:21 Michael Smith wrote:

> This basically means "something really bad has gone wrong,
> we're trying to recover". Depending on the cause of the
> problem, the recovery may or may not be successful.

This looks like it needs a bit more work wrt the playlist
read code.  The ogg_sync_pageout will be emitting pages
containing around 22k samples, and there's only 22k samples
in a second at that samplerate so that will trigger the
1 sec sleep check.  I suspect we need to flush a page
which has some basis on the samplerate or time, but I
don't think there's a function for that.

hmmmm....how big can an ogg page get? And what about even
lower samplerates like 11025?

> a situation which it never should (but can if there are
> clock discontinuities or insufficient cpu). It might
> also be possible to trigger it with some (broken) input
> files - does this problem happen only with some files?

I suspect it will only happen on 22ksamplerate or less
files through the playlist as pcm only read 8192 samples.

The quick hack is to increase the trigger in _sleep from
1000 to say something like 5000.

karl.