[icecast] Tweaking Questions.

Kevin Searle kevin at kevinsearle.com
Wed May 16 19:49:58 UTC 2001

Instead of having link to http://www.xxx.com:8000, you need to have a link to
a file on the webserver such as: http://www.xxx.com/playlist.m3u

In the playlist.m3u file, place the text http://www.xxx.com:8000

> 2- How can you create a playlist? Currently it
> just plays the mp3's and we'd like for promos to
> be heard before they pick up the broadcast.

Create a file on the icecast/ices server - call it anything like playlist.txt
or something.  In the command-line for ices, use the -F switch to specifiy
the location relative to where the command is excuted. Alternatively, this
can also be specified in the ices configuration file. Look for the element
<ices:File></ices:File>. Rewrite it as <ices:File>playlist.txt</ices:File>.

Hope this helps.