[icecast] icecast +liveice +linein

harvey smith harvey at buskers.org
Tue Jun 26 18:06:32 UTC 2001

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Alex Dovgal wrote:

>  use icecast+liveice  and i need to get stream from linein .
> Icecast work perfectly and liveice was perfectly but i can get stream
> only if I plug
> lineout from my radio box to mic on my sound card . Is there any special
>
> config string in liveice for streaming from linein or maybe liveice
> can't do it

You need to set this on the Soundcard using an app like aumix and change
the recoring source from mic to line, you'll also need to play with the
rec volume to get the right volume. (note: the line volume controls how
loud you hear it (if monitoring locally), the record volume controls how
loudness of the stream.)