[icecast] directory servers and stuttering

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Sun Feb 25 19:25:32 UTC 2001

> I'm running Icecast v1.3.7 and I've recently noticed there's a direct
> correlation between a stream "stuttering" and the icecast process
> having difficulty contacting one or more directory servers.

This is odd.  Directory server touches are ALWAYS in a separate thread,
and have no interaction with the rest of the stream, except that they
need the info.. (I just realized what the bug is).

The directory server should be limiting the connect times to 15 seconds.
Do you find that this always happens for 15 seconds?

Try 1.3.8 as well, maybe the updated connect code didn't go in until
then.

jack.