[icecast] how to switch mountpoints

jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Thu Dec 13 14:03:23 UTC 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 02:44:58AM -0500, peter at yurt.org wrote:
> hey can anyone help us out with this one?
>
> we're working on a system for our community radio station that uses a
> mysql/php interface a database to manage users and a schedule system. since
> we have different copies of liveice and ices on different machines for
> different applicaitons around campus (they are all on different icecast
> mountpoints on our main server), we need our php script to switch the
> current mountpoint on the fly so listeners' clients will switch to the
> mountpoint that the current material is coming from (the one that the user's
> login is associated with). we COULD have the script modify the icecast.conf
> file and kill/restart icecast each time but this seems like overkill. is
> there a better way to do it?

try the word of power 'select' from the oper console.

omebody @ radio.indymedia.org will be eventually working out some
better interface for it in future, perhaps hack a web interface to
handle it.

--
jaromil //dyne.org - GPG fingerprint and ___id____
6EEE 4FB2 2555 7ACD 8496  AB99 E2A2 93B4 6C62 4800