[icecast] how to switch mountpoints

peter at yurt.org peter at yurt.org
Thu Dec 13 07:44:58 UTC 2001

hey can anyone help us out with this one?

we're working on a system for our community radio station that uses a
mysql/php interface a database to manage users and a schedule system. since
we have different copies of liveice and ices on different machines for
different applicaitons around campus (they are all on different icecast
mountpoints on our main server), we need our php script to switch the
current mountpoint on the fly so listeners' clients will switch to the
mountpoint that the current material is coming from (the one that the user's
login is associated with). we COULD have the script modify the icecast.conf
file and kill/restart icecast each time but this seems like overkill. is
there a better way to do it?

thanks,
peter