[icecast] Well here i go again :)

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Mon Aug 6 16:50:13 UTC 2001

On Monday, 06 August 2001 at 05:51, Rick Wilson wrote:
> Alright , once again, thank you for all the help , it has been interesting.
> I got ices to work successfully , except for using lame.h , i for the life
> of me , can not get it
> to include it , no  matter what version ( i have tried from 3.66 to 3.70 )
> and can not get it to include it. ( heh i started using 2.* series and have
> not figured out it is not included :P.

I believe the documentation mentions that you need at least lame
3.88. :)

> The other issue i find i hear about liblame , hense i can not find it
> anywhere.
>
> when ./configure --with-lame-includes=/usr/include/lame , the lame.h is
> there as  with most of the versions above 3.66
> hense it will not include it if it life depends on it ( or mine )

it's libmp3lame. See if building lame 3.88+ helps.

> I tried streaming with out lame and it is choppy as all hell, so i am
> guessing that lame is more then required to get a
> nice clear stream.

icecast currently has some trouble with high bitrate streams. You can
work around it by lowering sleep_ratio.

> Any help from the excellent guru's that have already been so kind , would be
> much appreciated.
>
> Pointers to the correct lame and ices would be pretty sweet too :P

ftp://lame.sourceforge.net/pub/lame/src/lame3.89beta.tar.gz
http://www.icecast.org/releases/ices-0.2.2.tar.gz

-Brendan