AW: [icecast] ices question

Nils Christian Oldenburg noldenburg at ctberlin.de
Tue Apr 24 15:17:40 UTC 2001

hi ,
my guess is you connect all of the clients to the same mount point,
causing icecast to interleave the data.  Which is obviously not a good
thing.  If this is the case, then you should get the errors as soon as you
start the second stream.

i start any stream via sh-skript like :
./ices -B -d Radiocity -F /music/playlists/alternative.pls -m
/alternative -g Alternative -h localhost -n Alternative -p 8001 -P
<password> -r -R -b 128 -s 0 >/dev/null

./ices -B -d Radiocity -F /music/playlists/dance.pls -m /dance -g Dance -h
localhost -n Dance -p 8001 -P <password> -r -R -b 128 -s 0 >/dev/null

is this correct ?
at this moment i will try another lame , 3.87

You can also check by pointing your web browser at
<A HREF="http://<yourserver">http://<yourserver</A>>:8000/list.cgi and see what mount points you have
registered.

it shows correctly all the mountpoints given by the "-m" parameter above

thx

thomas

Xander : "We kind of have a romantic evening planned."
Anya : "We were gonna light a bunch of candles and have sex near them."
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->