[icecast] ices question

john plastic at m-net.arbornet.org
Tue Apr 24 14:38:16 UTC 2001

> > after some adventures for setup an icecast server , the system is now
> > running, but there where some questions open:
> > 1. ) i use ices as streamer for the server. in some cases (i dont know why)
> > is ices break after an while of streaming. ices re-encode the mp3 files
> with
> > lame 3.88 to stream them. there is no hint why the stream is broken in the
> > log files. after an restart of ices all looks good. The time for the next
> > break is randomly, i.e. after 40 titles or more. is there an hint why the
> > stream breaks ?
>
>ices uses the lame 3.87 API.  They changed it for the new version.
>download 3.87 and try that and see if it works.

It may not be Lame. I had the exact problem with my setup of
Icecast-1.3.10 and Ices-0.0.1-beta5. I have tried winamp versions
2.71, 2.65, 2.09. I dont think that problem is in Winamp. As to where the
problem lies, i can only comment that it may actually be in Ices.
Who knows. My opinion is just that, an opinion. Alas..

ja.