[Icecast-dev] Radio player for FirefoxOS

Assen Totin assen.totin at gmail.com
Wed May 22 05:57:49 PDT 2013

Hi, Emilis,

I have two working Icecast players which implement client-side parsing of
yp.xml and searching then through it:

- Python, can either transform the yp.xml into SQLite database and then
search inside, or can store the yp.xml locally and transfer in into DOM,
then search it.
http://www.zavedil.com/software-xbmc-icecast

- Java (Android), same algorithm as Python but only the SQLite version.
Originally was done in DOM (fast parsing, but uses too much memory), then
switched to SAX (slow parsing, but works always).
http://www.zavedil.com/software-android-icecast-player

Feel free to use ideas and/code. If help is needed, let me know.

WWell,

Assen