[Icecast-dev] Radio player for FirefoxOS

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Wed May 22 05:13:24 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 05/17/2013 12:12 PM, Emilis Dambauskas wrote:
> I have pushed my radio player for FxOS to GitHub:
> https://github.com/emilis/worldradioplayer

Finally got around to cloning your repo and pushing the app to my Unagi.
Simple and functional. I like that.
Once you get access to a larger list you'll have to accommodate some
filtering though.

> Currently it uses a precompiled data from http://dir.xiph.org/yp.xml:
> https://raw.github.com/emilis/worldradioplayer/master/static/js/data/xiph.org.stations.json
>
> I will have to switch to asynchronous station list loading and filtering
> in the near future and then will nag you again about the JSON API :-).

Yeah, I'll try to work something out for you to play with soon.
It will be experimental for now, so that nobody comes after me if I
break their app by changing the API here or there to improve it or
reduce the system load on the database.

> Thank you very much for your help!

You're welcome. I'm happy, that finally Firefox and Icecast start to go
hand in hand.

Cheers

Thomas