[Icecast-dev] Javascript source client

Stephen Mahood mv at cyberunions.org
Sat May 11 08:32:18 PDT 2013

Thank you for your interest in this, you description is as accurate as I
can see.

> From my perspective your challenges will be to get the containers right.
> WebM for audio+video
> Ogg for audio
> Also (I'm not that familiar with webRTC) you might need to reencode
> to Opus and VP8 in some cases?

here is the great news

both Opus and VP8 are codecs are already supported in webrtc :)

It seems to me the bigger challenge is getting a javascript source
client, the reason being is webrtc is written in javascript.

I think there are amazing things that can be achieved with the webrtc
connection to icecast. It seems could be similar to google hangout
without the google dependency