[Icecast-dev] Radio player for FirefoxOS

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Tue Jun 25 04:54:44 PDT 2013

Hi Emilis,
> is there any URL where I could POST to suggest streams for dir.xiph.org?

As far as I know, there is no curation of the directory, so there would
be no 'suggesting' - a stream is either in the directory or not, and
that is configured on the Icecast server side (as I'm sure you know).

> My users are demanding the ability to add their own stations to the app:
> https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/world-radio-player/ratings
>
> I would like to use their input (with their explicit consent) to push
> data about new streams to dir.xiph.org.

You might also need the radio station's consent. Say for example it is a
local station with limited bandwidth, they might not want to be listed
in directories worldwide.

Cheers!

Daniel