[Icecast-dev] [libshout] Add mime/content-type parameter

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Mon Sep 22 10:04:48 PDT 2008

Le Monday 22 September 2008 18:48:34 Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves, vous avez écrit :
> On 9/22/08, Romain Beauxis <toots at rastageeks.org> wrote:
> > I don't get where the patch should be changed ? The default mime value
> > for ogg streams ?
>
> Yep.  Any of the three media types should be allowed.  There is simply
> no "default mime" anymore.
>
> application/ogg is now for applications and (very) complex multimedia.
> video/ogg is for video and audio, say films.
> audio/ogg is for anything audio, be it Vorbis, Speex, FLAC, whatever.
>
> If libshout can only do audio (I thought it could do video too, but
> apparently I'm wrong)

I believe it can.

> the default should be audio/ogg, with
> application/ogg available as a legacy option for a couple of years
> until all software updates to use audio/ogg exclusively.

Humm..
So default mime would remain "application/ogg", but "audio/ogg"
and "video/ogg" should be documented, right ?

It is also be possible to add new formats, which would be:
 * SHOUT_FORMAT_OGG_AUDIO
 * SHOUT_FORMAT_OGG_VIDEO
with the corresponding default mimes...

(I don't like this since the formats no longer have the same semantics)

This could

Romain