[Icecast-dev] [libshout] Add mime/content-type parameter

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Wed Sep 24 01:31:08 PDT 2008

Le Monday 22 September 2008 19:04:48 Romain Beauxis, vous avez écrit :
> Humm..
> So default mime would remain "application/ogg", but "audio/ogg"
> and "video/ogg" should be documented, right ?
>
> It is also be possible to add new formats, which would be:
>  * SHOUT_FORMAT_OGG_AUDIO
>  * SHOUT_FORMAT_OGG_VIDEO
> with the corresponding default mimes...
>
> (I don't like this since the formats no longer have the same semantics)

Ok, please find attached the two possibilities.

First patch is 100% backward compatible, and only documents the new audio/ogg
and video/ogg mime types.

Second patch is not backward compatible and sets "audio/ogg" if you used the
deprecated SHOUT_FORMAT_VORBIS.
Furthermore, it adds new shout formats for ogg sub-types, namely
 * SHOUT_FORMAT_OGG_AUDIO
 * SHOUT_FORMAT_OGG_VIDEO

Mime types are set accordingly for these formats, and SHOUT_FORMAT_VORBIS is
then alised to SHOUT_FORMAT_OGG_AUDIO.

What do you think, may one of them qualify for an inclusion ?

Romain