[Icecast-dev] [libshout] Add mime/content-type parameter

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:48:34 PDT 2008

On 9/22/08, Romain Beauxis <toots at rastageeks.org> wrote:
> I don't get where the patch should be changed ? The default mime value for
> ogg streams ?

Yep.  Any of the three media types should be allowed.  There is simply
no "default mime" anymore.

application/ogg is now for applications and (very) complex multimedia.
video/ogg is for video and audio, say films.
audio/ogg is for anything audio, be it Vorbis, Speex, FLAC, whatever.

If libshout can only do audio (I thought it could do video too, but
apparently I'm wrong) the default should be audio/ogg, with
application/ogg available as a legacy option for a couple of years
until all software updates to use audio/ogg exclusively.

-Ivo