[Icecast-dev] Writing Alpha Tags into the comments of an ogg stream

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Jul 16 09:10:31 PDT 2007

Hi,

Ideally you'd do it with the program which is encoding our stream.  You just
start a new ogg stream when you want to change your metadata and use the
appropriate tags.

If this is not possible, you can also do this via Icecast.  It will insert
the tags for you, creating the new stream.

Here's what I've managed to turn up quickly as the appropriate syntax.  This
really ought to be documented somewhere, but if you can't find anything
either, you may find some source code useful.

http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast/2005-March/008962.html

Hope this helps,
Geoff.