[Icecast-dev] Writing Alpha Tags into the comments of an ogg stream

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sun Jul 15 22:39:07 PDT 2007

What do I need to do to incorporate alpha tags into the ogg stream of
ices?

Alpha Tags are name/frequency tags for a scanner -- I have the alpha
tags easily outputted to stdout, but how do I assign each to the comment
field of the ogg stream?

Just guessing, I'll need to bring in the vorbis/ogg headers/libs and use
the lib to write the alpha tag info to the ogg stream.  But one question
remains, where is the stream I need to write the comments too?  Or,
should i just write the comments to localhost:8000/mystream.ogg ?

Screenshot of what I've got dsctl doing now:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsctl/
https://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=198579
(bottom line -- reception status -- is an example of what I'll be
incorporating into the comment fields of the ogg stream.)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Sun Jul 15 22:39:02 PDT 2007