[Icecast-dev] Ezstream Program Call Patch

Guillaume Pellerin yomguy at altern.org
Thu Dec 15 16:31:48 PST 2005

Daniel Ballenger a écrit :
> Alrighty,
> Got it patched and working (at least in my one setup).  You can pull
> the patch from:
> http://denetron.com/~dballenger/ezstream-program.patch
> (I can post the pre-patched source too if people would like)

Ok, it compiles fine on debian Sarge !

> You'll have to add a "<filetype></filetype>" line into your config
> files, just put "file" if you want it to work just by reading that
> file or playlist.
> Put "script" (no quotes) for it to use the filename path as the
> program to fetch the media file path from.
>
> If some people could give it a whirl and make sure it works in other
> setups I would appreciate it.

But can't load the script with this kind of config :

<ezstream>
   <url>http://$SERVER:$PORT/$POINT</url>
   <sourcepassword>$PASSWORD</sourcepassword>
   <format>$TYPE</format>
   <filetype>script</filetype>
   <filename>/home/$USER/stream/ezstream_feed.sh</filename>
   <svrinfoname>$POINT @ $RADIO, $TOWN ($DESRIPTION)</svrinfoname>
   <svrinfourl>$WEBSITE</svrinfourl>
   <svrinfogenre>$GENRE</svrinfogenre>
   <svrinfodescription>$DESRIPTION</svrinfodescription>
   <svrinfobitrate>$RATE</svrinfobitrate>
   <svrinfochannels>$VOICES</svrinfochannels>
   <svrinfosamplerate>$FSAMPLING</svrinfosamplerate>
   <svrinfopublic>$PUBLIC</svrinfopublic>
</ezstream>

It makes :

Connecting to http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...SUCCESS.
Streaming /home/xxxxxx/stream/ezstream_feed.sh
Opening file (/home/xxxxxx/stream/ezstream_feed.sh)
Songinfo is (ezstream_feed)
Streaming /home/xxxxxxx/stream/ezstream_feed.sh
Opening file (/home/xxxxxx/stream/ezstream_feed.sh)
etc, etc ..

with this horrible loop :(

Is that all right for you ?
By the way, I'd like to know what is the main function of your script.. Do you just need to make an
"echo" or something ?

Thank you very much !
Guillaume