[Icecast-dev] Ezstream Program Call Patch

Daniel Ballenger lpmusix at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:42:02 PST 2005

On 12/15/05, Guillaume Pellerin <yomguy at altern.org> wrote:

> Ok, it compiles fine on debian Sarge !
>
> But can't load the script with this kind of config :
>
> <ezstream>
>    <url>http://$SERVER:$PORT/$POINT</url>
>    <sourcepassword>$PASSWORD</sourcepassword>
>    <format>$TYPE</format>
>    <filetype>script</filetype>
>    <filename>/home/$USER/stream/ezstream_feed.sh</filename>
>    <svrinfoname>$POINT @ $RADIO, $TOWN ($DESRIPTION)</svrinfoname>
>    <svrinfourl>$WEBSITE</svrinfourl>
>    <svrinfogenre>$GENRE</svrinfogenre>
>    <svrinfodescription>$DESRIPTION</svrinfodescription>
>    <svrinfobitrate>$RATE</svrinfobitrate>
>    <svrinfochannels>$VOICES</svrinfochannels>
>    <svrinfosamplerate>$FSAMPLING</svrinfosamplerate>
>    <svrinfopublic>$PUBLIC</svrinfopublic>
> </ezstream>
>
> It makes :
>
> Connecting to http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...SUCCESS.
> Streaming /home/xxxxxx/stream/ezstream_feed.sh
> Opening file (/home/xxxxxx/stream/ezstream_feed.sh)
> Songinfo is (ezstream_feed)
> Streaming /home/xxxxxxx/stream/ezstream_feed.sh
> Opening file (/home/xxxxxx/stream/ezstream_feed.sh)
> etc, etc ..

Are you sure the patch actually applied? It should say
"Getting file path from program..." if it was.  If you aren't sure how
to check if the patch applied, send me the ezstream.c file as an
attachment if you'd like.

> Is that all right for you ?
> By the way, I'd like to know what is the main function of your script.. Do you just need to make an
> "echo" or something ?
The script/program that gets called should just return the path to the
next song to play.  Is that what you were asking for?

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Ballenger