[Icecast-dev] Ezstream

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Tue Dec 13 06:51:43 PST 2005

all patches/feature enhancements for ezstream should be posted to this
listserv (icecast-dev) as ezstream is part of the icecast project.  Keep in
mind that ezstream was created to be just that (easy) and even reencoding
was added with a bit of controversy of wether or not it belongs in there at
all..  Ezstream was written as a replacement for "shout" which was a simple
(and horribly broken) program which showed how to use libshout.  If you are
looking for a fully featured console-based streamer, both ices 0.4 (mp3)
and ices2 (vorbis/theora/speex) are much better choices.  This is why you
don't find many playlist features, a web interface, or other features that
other streamers tend to have.  I don't mean to discourage anyone from
extending ezstream (heck, that's why it was written) and all extensions do
need to be posted and published, however I am very careful about adoption
into the main ezstream program.

oddsock