[Icecast-dev] metadata sent from windows based system

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed Oct 6 07:05:08 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 14:36, oddsock wrote:
> seems like a lot of queries like this have come up lately...what's the
> status of vorbis stream re-writing in the trunk ? Was this something that
> got merged in or still remains in the kh branch ?  I've always thought that
> being able to update the metadata via the admin interface for all formats
> was a requirement we should meet.  What can we do to get this logic in the
> trunk ?

This is only in the kh branch as an optional module at the moment, there
was never any big push for something like this, in theory it could be
merged without too much trouble.

Whether adding metadata at the point of icecast is something we should
push for is another matter, nothing is stopping those sorts of urls
interacting with the source clients.

karl.